Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring!

"The earth laughs in flowers."   Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy Spring!!!  Spring is finally here, if only as a date on the calendar.  The problem is the calendar did not tell the snow of it's intention to declare the beginning of spring.
We only got 2 inches of new snow today, however, it is 2 inches too many if you ask me.  As I surveyed the property around the house I noticed the flowers are fighting to push their way through the remains of a hard winter.  I even did my best today to shovel around the flower beds where I had planted my fall bulbs.  I don't know if it helps but it made me feel better  that I was doing my very best to bring on spring.
It brought a smile to my face when I thought how silly I must look clearing the ground for the spring flowers.  After completing this small task, I returned to my warm home and admired my house  flowering plants that I brought weeks ago to remind me it's only a matter of time before I will be complaining about the summer heat.  For now I say bring it on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maureen likes this earth laughs in flowers