Friday, March 6, 2015

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
John Rohn, Author, Fitness, Body Care

When I woke up this morning, I thought what can I do to for myself to celebrate the coming of Daylight Savings Time.  I decided to call and make an appointment to have my nails manicured.  This is a very simple pleasure that I don't always afford myself but I enjoy.  The big decision is always what color to paint them and design or no design.  I decided after a small time of pondering to pick out a bright pink.
I love getting my nails done. It's like a new haircut or a terrific skin care treatment.  Manicured nails make me feel neat and pulled together. The salon I go to gave the following 3 tips on how to get on the path to beautiful nails.
1.  Don't cut cuticles to close to he nail bed. "The cuticle is the natural barrier to fungus and bacteria, once you breach that barrier, the protection is lost." says Dana Stern, MD, a dermatologist at Mount Sinai Medical Center in NYC
2.  Moisturize the nail bed and cuticle.  Nails that are prone to breakage usually need moisture, according to Dr. Stern.
3.  Take biotin supplements ( a member of the vitamin B family) they help increase nail thickness and prevent breakage.
I'm glad I'm going to get my nails manicured today. It puts a little sunshine in my day. Try It!  After all thus cold winter weather, we all need a little TLC!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I take the biotin too