Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring is on the way!

"Keep your face always towards the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you."
Walt Whitman

Finally, a day above 50 degrees!!!  Today my husband and I went down to the banks of the Quinebaug River and to our great surprise the ducks had come out of their coves where they hide for the winter. They were scouring around to find food.  The sight of the bread we brought made the ducks so excited that they were quacking louder than I've ever heard.  The happiness that the ducks were displaying made us laugh and smile.  These are the little moments when I can stop worrying about my cancer and see that all creatures on earth have their own struggle to survive.
When we finished throwing the crumbs of bread, I promised the ducks that we would be back tomorrow with more food.  It was almost like they looked at us and understood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the ducks too. Saw the in Kennedy park too today.