Monday, March 16, 2015

Laughter

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh.  It cures a multitude of ills.  It's probably the most important thing in a person."
Audrey Hepburn

Today as I walked down the aisles of our local Wal-Mart, I heard the familiar sound of a child's laughter.  I peered around around a corner to experience the sight of a small child playing with a stuffed kitten in a basket that meows when the child touched it's paw.  The child smiled from ear to ear as the stuffed animal continued to amuse him.  The laughter was so contagious I started to laugh too.  It was more contagious than a cough, sniffle or sneeze.
At that  moment, I realized how innocent this moment was.  I just went along with the ride of the normal innocence of a child's laughter and this brought a smile to my
face.  The mother of the child glanced at me and I instantaneously felt a bonding of human spirits.
Laughter is a birthright, it lightens your burden and it inspired hope for most.  It was just the recipe I needed to raise my spirits and bring me back into balance.  The best part was , it was free and fun therapy that was priceless and easy to use.
I wish everyone a good belly laugh to reduce the stress of your daily chores.



No comments: