Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Quitting

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."  Lance Armstrong

Well, Punxsutawney Phil got it right this time on Groundhog Day. Winter is not ready to quit!  With a foot of snow still on the ground here in New England, the weather report for Friday is for 2"-3" of snow.
One thing that this winter has taught me, is to keep fighting even when I want to throw in the towel.  I remind myself of Lance Armstrong's quote when I complaining about the weather, my cancer or the fights life throws at me. "Quitting last forever."
I had to go to the doctor yesterday to get my three monthly shots that are helping me fight my stage four cancer.  My body has an amazing alarm clock built into it that tells me it is time for my shots, the pain from the cancer gradually gets worse.
As I said I get three shots, one for my bones, xgeva, and two to fight the growth of the cancer.  The one shot, xgeva, I get in my arm but the other two, flasodex, I get in my buttock.  Flasodex is a estrogen prohibitor to prevent the cancer from growing. Basically, my doctor explain it to me that the breast cancer I have grows on estrogen.
So far this treatment has been working well for me as can be seen with the reduction of my blood cancer numbers.  Although the shots in my buttock hurt when they are administrated, the alternative to the shots are not even worth talking about.  For now I will go on fighting and pray that God gives me more time on this earth! For that I remain grateful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better today.