Thursday, June 11, 2015

Timeout

"Whenever we feel overwhelmed by the amount that needs to be done, or caught up in a moment of anger or worry, we need to take time out for peace of mind."
Robert Alan Silverstein

Timeout is a good thing.  About 15 years ago I owned a 60 child day care center and it was our daily practice of using a timeout chair for children fighting fear, anger or any other emotion, in order for the child to regain a sense of quiet and peace.  Most times it was all the child needed to regroup and start over.  This simple lesson has helped me achieve wonderful results when dealing with cancer.
I try to live my daily life in a way that keeps me from getting carried away with worries, fear, or anger.  I do that by trying to meditate or a simple timeout.  This Saturday I am scheduled to get my six month PET scan, which traces signs of new cancer in my body.  I tend to get very anxiety when I get this test taken.  This is the time I need to stop for a moment, take a deep breath, count to ten and pause, refocus and restore balance.  For others dealing with the daily fears and worries of cancer, take a ten minute time out.  I hope this will help you like it helps me.

No comments: