Monday, June 15, 2015

Rainy Days and Mondays

"Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit, nothin' ever seems to fit
Hangin' around, nothin' to do but frown
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down....."
Song Lyrics from "Rainy Days and Sundays", by the Carpenters

Well it's a very rainy Monday here in the northeast.  That song by the Carpenters always makes me smile because it seems so true.  Today is a great day to make a cup of tea and snuggle up in a blanket and a good book.
We really need the rain up here because we are experiencing a slight draught.  The rain is also a good sight because I planted my tomato plants and herbs outside this weekend. These events remind me that there is a silver lining in most unpleasant things in life and that when something catches my attention, there is usually a lesson that I need to learn. I am going to take this rainy day as a chance to slow down and regroup waiting for the sunshine to reappear!

No comments: