Friday, June 19, 2015

Milestones

"Life isn't a matter of milestones but moments."
Rose Kennedy

Yesterday the youngest of my nieces and nephews graduated from high school.  This event got me thinking about all the milestones that we reach in life, like graduating from college, getting married, having children and so further.  It occurred to me that all of these milestones are really only moments that accumulate into a person's life journey.  It's just by putting on foot in front of the other.
This got me thinking of how my cancer journey is a similar journey.  I realized that I should make a timeline of my cancer journey, marking all the good and bad things that have happened to me including test results and lab reports.  In doing this I feel I would see more positive moments than negative ones.  I feel it would help me on those days when I felt bad, scared, or sad.  I could see that this is a journey like any other with it's ups and downs.  It's just putting one foot in front of the other that I will get through to the other side.

No comments: