Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Love

"You know, folks, my dad used to have an expression. He'd say, 'A father knows he's a success when he turns at his son or daughter and knows that they turned out better than he did. 'I'm a success; I'm a hell of a success; Beau I love you. I'm so proud of you.  I'm so proud of the son you've become; I'm proud so proud of the father you are"
Joe Biden at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

When I heard about the death of Beau Biden,46, the son of Vice President Joe Biden, I teared up.  I can not even imagine the hurt and suffering of having to bury your own child.  The hardest point is that Joe Biden buried his first wife and daughter from a car accident when he was 30 years old.  My heart bleeds for the pain he and his family must feel.
Beau Biden, died of brain cancer, which he was dealing with since 2013.  In 2014, he was told after surgery to remove a brain tumor, that he was cancer free and then to have the cancer reappear this year.  It makes me wonder how much you can believe about a doctors opinion about the state of your cancer and also how strong the cancer cells really are.  As I have shared, I am dealing with stage four cancer that has spread to my bones.  I receive hormone treatment now after receiving chemo and radiation three years ago. I worry all the time how much the cancer is growing and try to keep a positive attitude about my future. I get monthly checks on my cancer numbers and have had good news most of the time.  I have to remind myself everyday that I only have today and to make the best of my life.
This news of Beau Biden brings reality to my world of dealing with cancer.  I woke up this morning and was thankful for another day and decided to make it a great day! Again my sympathy goes out to the Biden family and pray they receive the strength to get through this very hard time.

No comments: