Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Anger

"Don't hold on to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love."   Leo F. Buscaglia, Inspirational Author

With all the turmoil that they are facing in Baltimore, it's hard to let go of the anger, hurt and pain the people of this city are fighting against. I am sure many of the people of Baltimore feel trapped in fear that uncertainty brings.
I lived in Baltimore for nine months when I was in a co-op educational program in college.  My daughter graduated college in Baltimore two years ago so I feel I have an enlightened understanding of the people and city of Baltimore.  They are a very diverse culture that prides itself on the arts, theater, and history.  I am sure that the darkness of the riots make many of the problems the people are feeling become distorted. Hatred and anxiety loom larger than life and disorganized energy is a result, like the looting that occurred at the CVS pharmacy.
I believe that the people of Baltimore will come through this turmoil and the pain will  lessen and eventually heal.  It seems only reasonable that panic attacks will be felt by most citizens and the energy has to be bring into the light to diffuse it.  I also feel that the mother running after her teenage son in the streets, urging him to go home will help pay attention to the need of guidance by the adults in the city who should be setting an example.
There is no fixed answer for the problems of Baltimore and other cities like it but I hope and pray that a response is found that helps heal through insight, compassion, patience and love from others.

No comments: