Saturday, May 2, 2015

Friends of the Library

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience; this is the ideal life."
Mark Twain

Today I went to  our local "Friends of the Library" annual book sale.  Friends of Libraries are available in most township and county libraries.  They are non-profit charitable groups formed to support libraries in communities for the purpose of fundraising, public awareness campaigns and literary program.
I love these book sales because it gives me an opportunity to donate many books that I have finished and would like to share with other readers.  If there is a book I especially like, I try to write a little short note on a book markers that highlights the things I enjoyed most about the book.  It also gives me a chance to buy books, cds and music choices that I have been looking for at a fraction of the original cost.  Most books and other items for sale are gently used in good condition.  I love these sales also because you can meet others in your community that share your love for literacy.  Its a great chance to also begin looking for birthday, Christmas and other gift to give throughout the year to family and friends!
You can find advertisments for these sales in most local papers and on line.  Happy reading!

No comments: