Friday, May 29, 2015

Awareness

"Whatever is stored in darkness becomes distorted."  Deepak Chopra

Awareness, like fresh water is meant to flow, and when it can't, it turn stagnant. Yesterday when I went to my cancer check-up appointment, I was feeling a lot of anxiety about my results because I had not been feeling very good this past week. This anxiety must have been larger than life because my blood pressure was higher than usual and my doctor felt the tension when he was talking to him.  I explained that I had been been very tired and lacked energy.  To my surprise my doctor explained to me that cancer can work on your subconscious when you're worried. He assured me that what ever the results were there were plenty of options.  By the time I left the doctors office I was beginning to feel better with more energy.  The results of my cancer test would not be available for a day or two I decided that I needed to use breathing and meditation techniques to calm me down.
When I got home I listened to some relaxing music and completed my breathing routine.  Within a half an hour I was feeling better and more optimistic.
This morning when I got up my doctor called me to tell me cancer numbers had stayed the same but my calcium levels were down.  He felt that may have caused me to feel more fatigue and added more calcium tablets to my diet.  This simple phone call eased my anxiety and lifted my spirit!

No comments: