Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Chronic Illness

"Life with a chronic illness is a struggle to say the least.  A struggle to get dressed, look like I'm awake, smile when I want to cry and get up when I want nothing more than to stay in bed and sleep the day away....But I still refuse to sink."

The last couple of days have been both up and down.  I feel stressed and have not felt like blogging.  I believe that my body knows I have five days until I receive my flasdex injection that help block the hormone that allows my breast cancer to growth. It feels like my last shot is wearing off and I am feeling more pain as a result.
I am trying to keep things in perspective.  I am trying to accept that everyday is not the 4th of July and that some days I just don't feel good.  Today is one of those days.
I have decided that is ok not to pretend that all is well.  Tomorrow is another day and I'm sure I will feel better!

No comments: