Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Fairy Tales

"Where there is flowers there is hope."
Lady Bird Johnson, First Lady of the United States

Well today I saw the first crocus of the season, leading me to feel hope that spring is on it's way.  I feel the transformation from winter to spring is like a fairy tale where Cinderella is touched by a magic wand and whisked off to the palace as a completed, transformed princess.  In actually that is not realistic but when I saw the crocus I felt that instant transformation of winter to spring.
I believe that true transformation is not a slow, gradual growth but an instant change that happens right before my eyes.  Last week we had snow covering the ground and today there is little signs of the harsh winter we had here in the northeast.
My cancer is also one of those transformations where one day I feel great, healed only to have a bad day where every inch of my body hurts.  I only wish I had that magic wand that transforms me into a healthy specimen.  The reality is that I have to take my cancer one day at a time and believe a better day is coming.  Here is to tomorrow and a fairy tale come true.                                  

No comments: