Thursday, April 16, 2015

Life and Death

"On the night of the murder I was at home, alseep.  The characters in my dream can vouch for me."

Here in New England all the talk is about the conviction of Aaron Hernandez, the ex-Partiot tight end.  It is so hard to understand how an individual would ruin a career and life the way Hernandez did.  I like others with cancer or other life threatening diseases are fight to live, Hernandez have given up a life only most would dream of,
He had a super bowl ring, super bowl winning catch, 47 million dollar contract and a child on the way, to give it all up to prove that he was a gangster.  He took a life and in effect took his own life.  It is so hard to believe that he did not value a great future for a life in prison.  The Boston Globe showed an image of his prison home for life within one mile of Foxboro the home of the Patriots.  People have said that from the recreation pod of the prison, you can heard the cheers of the crowd at the stadium. It's a life of pain and suffering that he choice over joy and love.  I am not sorry for his choices, I only wish I was given a choice between life and death, for this I feel sorry for his family that he choice over them and the family of the victim that will never see him again.  Life is not fair but Hernandez got what he deserves.
I, like many others are fighting to live, shame on Hernandez for his callous regard for life.

No comments: