Tuesday, February 17, 2015

" A strong and positive attitude creates more miracles than any other thing, because life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"  Walt Whitman

Today I went to my monthly doctor visit and I am happy to report no changes in my cancer condition.  All my test results came back the same, a little improvement, as last month. A big sigh of relief!
I asked my doctor if there was anything I could do to enhance my chances with cancer.  What he told me, surprised me a little.  He said, that there was no right or wrong way to personally deal with cancer. He said to stay positive, eat healthy and pray daily.
With that being said, I realized that a positive attitude was very important and one I followed regularly.  Even when I don't feel like it, I still get up early, shower, fix my hair, and put on make-up.  Doing all these things help me feel normal and healthy, even if I'm not.
I also try not to let cancer define me.  I tell myself I am in control of my cancer and I will not be a victim.  Doing these little things makes me feel that they are working, especially when my doctor tells me I am holding my own with cancer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great news and I love your quote