Thursday, February 5, 2015

Control Issues

"I like to control everything, and you can not control everything.  You have to at some point say, 'I let go and I'm going to let the cards fall where they fall... This is hard."
Naomi Campbell, Super-Model

After spending two days in doctor's offices, I realized how much I obsess and try to control my health.  I know I can only control so much of the path my cancer will take. There is only so much good eating, thinking, relaxing or preventing I can do, but at times it's hard to let go and let the professionals do their jobs. I'm sure many of you can relate to any kind of over obsessing and how it can consume you.
I started to think of what was causing this obsession about whether I was getting the best care.  What I concluded was that it's easier to obsess about my treatment plan than obsessing over whether I was dying.  I reminded myself what several doctors have told me, we are all in the process of dying if we don't work at living.
Today I am choicing to let go and live. I'm going to enjoy the warmth of the sun, the beauty of the snow and the comfort of listening to my heartbeat.