Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lip spa treatment

"Learn to be alone and LIKE IT.  There is nothing more freeing and empowering than learning to like your own company."  Mandy Hale

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!  Today is the first major snow storm in the New England area.  A good day to stay home and give yourself a little TLC.  Yesterday I launched this blog with intend to put a pretty face on cancer, which I presently am fighting.  I decided to begin my journey in this blog by dealing with the parched and cracked, as old shoe leather,  lips that resulted from my cancer meds and treatments. (The cold weather doesn't help either!)  Our lips don't  have oil glands to keep them soft and moist so moisturizing our lips is essential.
I am devoting myself to softer lips and commit to giving them tender living care year round.  I am marking my calander weekly, with a big red kiss, to remind me to give myself a lip spa.  I suggest you do the same!
I begin with a exfoliant treatment and finish with a conditioning/moisturizing treatment.
EXFOLIANTING TREATMENT
1 Tablespoon of brown sugar mixed with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Spread over lips, massage in circular motion for 45 seconds.  Clean off with warm moist cloth.  Repeat if necessary.
CONTITIONING/MOISTURIZING TREATMENT
1 teaspoon of coconut oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey . Add the liquid oil from a vitiman E capule that has been punctured. The vitiam E promotes cellular renewal.  Apply to lips.
OTHER TIPS TO IMPROVE LIPS
* Mostures lips  from the inside out by drinking 8- 8 oz glasses of water a day. While this won't prevent dryness, it will keep lips from getting worse.
* Use dark creamy lipstick with SPF-20.
* Run a humidifer in your bedroom while you sleep to prevent chapped lips.
* Eat food rich in vitamin B such as whole grains, nuts and green vegatables.
* Avoid licking lips. Saliva contains digestive enzymes that dry out lips.

Hope you enjoy this blog and lip treatment.  DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW US ON
prettyinpink057.blogspot.com  Tuesday through Saturday.

No comments: